The purpose for the Level II Laboratory Lubricant Analyst (LLA) certification is to verify that laboratory personnel from both commercial oil analysis labs and private in-house labs practicing in the field of lube oil analysis as it is applied to machinery condition monitoring and maintenance, are qualified to perform sample analysis and interpretation, being able to:
- Set-up routine testing schedules and test slates.
- Verify calibration of laboratory instruments as per specified procedures.
- Recognize all forms of lubricant contamination and be able to undertake all associate test methods.
- Recognize data which is a change from the norm.
- Diagnose lubricant failure mechanisms and modes.
- Perform wear particle testing and basic analysis.
- Customize tests and perform sample analysis and interpretation
- Report results
- Demonstrate advanced quality knowledge (ISO/IEC 17025)
- Provide guidance and supervision to category I personnel
If you plan on taking the ICML Certification Exam please remember to register for the exam on ICML’s website at least 2 weeks prior to the start of the course.
ICML Exam Registration
To register please follow the links below:
Laboratory Lubricant Analyst